Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Review: Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Another book I've read just for fun. I'm finding, with my study schedule, that it's great to keep things light and there's nothing better for that then Young Adult Fiction. I usually don't read this genre, but many blogs I've read have reviewed Coraline, and loved it. I was curious about the storyline so I picked it up. It seemed incomplete to me, like the story could have been developed so much more. A great idea, and I'd have like to have seen a lot more story development. But, it only took me a couple of hours to read it and it was a good book. I'd like to read some more from Gaiman. It's on my long list of things to do.

7 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I knew I was misspelling the title on this one! A friend is going to be sending me her copy and I'm looking forward to reading it. I keep hearing how everyone "loved it". Who can resist that? I am glad you enjoyed Coraline too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one I'll have to add to my wishlist!

This is just to let you know that I've tagged you for the "Blogging Tips" meme. Please don't feel obliged, but I think its quite useful really...

Les said...

Lisa - I really thought I'd be able to participate in your About Me challenge, but I'm afraid I've taken on too much this summer. Would you kindly delete me from the contributor's list for that challenge. Thanks!

Bookfool said...

That's pretty much how I felt about Coraline - it was a great idea, but it could have been better. It wasn't fulfilling. And, yet, I liked it enough that I'll try more Gaiman books.

promoteyourblogforfree said...

nice blog

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Gaiman - was he the one who wrote Stardust? I think I read someone's review for that recently. Anyway, this one sounds interesting from your review and who doesn't love reading for fun??

Booklogged said...

I really enjoyed Coraline. Listened to it with my teenage daughter, so that made it a special experience.